[mythtv-users] Your ideal (pal) system

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Thu Mar 9 20:54:41 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be people's ideal system for mythtv when
running a frontend *and* backend on a single machine for use in the
livingroom.

The system would have ethernet access to the local home LAN, and direct
connection to the cable.

So it would need:
* Ethernet (100/full)
* Analog TV tuner
* TV capable output
* Silent/Very Low Noise
* Audio (preferrably SPDIF) output to Stereo components
* and obviously be able to run MythTV
(Oh, and it needs to be affordable too, so no 50k components <G>)

Maybe there'll be more separate backends and/or frontends in the future to
facilitate viewing and recording at other places in the house, but
initially this is intended to be a self-contained unit in the
livingroom...

Very interested in your suggestions... (And planning to see what I can
actually make happen <G>)

--
Francesco Peeters
----