[mythtv-users] Why does going to live TV take so long?

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Thu Mar 9 20:34:10 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> When I go to "Watch TV", it takes about 5 seconds before I actually
> get a picture (OTA HD using Fusion HDTV5 Lite). Changing channels is
> equally slow. Why does this take so long, and is there a way to speed
> it up?

I have the same issues on an all in one mythbackend/mythfrontend box. When I
was running .18 this problem didn't exist. I have the guide set to show up
when switching to live tv, but the black screen delay still happens before
the guide displays. It seems to be something related to tuning a channel,
though I have no guess why myth must tune a channel before showing the
guide.

Myth has given me a very positive overall experience and the developers seem
on top of things, so I figure that a fix will show up in the stable branch
some day.