[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Mar 9 20:15:59 UTC 2006

* On Thu Mar 09, 2006 at 02:56:43AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> I also think chunking individual live-tv recordings to be a max of 6 hours or
> so if they've not been set to keep with togglerecord is probably a good idea.
> Wouldn't be hard for someone to implement.
>
> Isaac

The person writing the patch could also make it intelligent so that the
recorder could chunk into smaller chunks if we are low on disk space.

It would be fairly easy to break the recording up into smaller chunks
if we were short on disk space because we know the current filesize and
time recorded so we could calculate the bitrate and estimate how long
we had left until the disk filled up.  This would let us keep on
recording because we would have small chunks (maybe 30 minutes) that could
be expired as time kept progressing.

--
Chris