[mythtv-users] PVR500, PCHDTV 3000, and AMD64

jborn at charter.net jborn at charter.net
Thu Mar 9 20:06:50 UTC 2006

Well its been a long time since I've been able to work on this, but once I finally sat down and looked into it I found out why /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 were not showing up.  The dmesg for ivtv showed a firmware loading issue.  I no longer had the firmware in the proper spot.

When I started all of this I was using IVTV 4.0 and I had the proper devices.  I assumed that my fiddling around trying to get the HD3000 card working broke my setup for the PVR500, but in actualality it was the upgrade from IVTV 4.0 to now 4.3.  The following page on the IVTV site about firmware spelled out my problems:

http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Firmware

Now I'm about to put the HD3000 card back in and start getting that up and running.  In this thread I was asked if I meant to use the HD3000 for HD only and that is correct.  I only want to use it for HD.  It also made reference to ATSC drivers only.  Is there a thread that already discusses how to do this?  Or another site that walks me through this process?

Thanks again for all the support.