[mythtv-users] Why does going to live TV take so long?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Thu Mar 9 18:43:15 UTC 2006

>Personally I wish they would bring back the old way of handling live tv with
>a ring buffer. The new way is much slower for pretty much everything. Make
>it a selectable option.

Yes. That is why I'm using svn 7738, which is just before the LiveTV began
it's overhaul.  My next project is to start to incorporating some of the other
new features in 0.19 but avoiding the LiveTV change.  In some ways, I'm making
my own personal "stable branch".  If someone else has already done this, please
let me know.