[mythtv-users] Mythtv torrent downloading

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Thu Mar 9 17:43:35 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Please take this discussion elsewhere.  Isaac and the rest of the
> MythTV developers do not condone this activity and don't want it
> discussed on the Myth mailing lists.

Torrents are not illegal. And certainly speech about this kind of
technology is not illegal in any country I know of.  The real shame is
the fear the **AAs have managed to instill in people.  I can understand
not wanting to officially support any kind of peer-peer to keep the
project away from any lawsuits, valid or not, but when people are afraid
to even discuss it we've all been DRMed.