[mythtv-users] Very Slow EPG - Need to restore (or delete) all channel icons

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 9 09:51:38 UTC 2006

On 03/08/2006 03:26 PM, Noel Murphy wrote:
> Maybe I'll just download this icons myself. I have about 80 though so
> it is going to be a pain. :(

I just re-did the channel icon setup to verify it would work, and it
did.  Chances are, mfdb's attempting to update icons and your doing the
same have put the database into a state where it needs some intervention...

> I actually have done the EPG tip from Jarod's site.
> The perl script does create all the .url files in the /tmp folder and
> the iconmap.xml file, but the mythfilldatabase line does pretty much
> nothing. Exits in under 10 seconds.

That means that mfdb thinks you already have your icons.  Try running
the SQL to set your icons to 'none' and then do the mfdb line.

UPDATE channel SET icon = 'none';

>  I've run it as mythuser and as
> root. It never causes the images to get downloaded, even though if I
> grab a url from any of the tmp files and put it in my browser, it
> works fine.

You'll want to run it as mythuser.

> I don't think it is even attempting to download the images.

It should if icon is empty or 'none'.

Mike