[mythtv-users] HDTV reception via Cable

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 05:32:26 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2006 10:52 pm, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > Firewire is a good chance to take, and will cost a lot less than a HD
> > tuner card. You'll have to wait for the firewire capture to be fixed
> > in 0.19 to really use it though.
>
> I take it firewire is still broken in 0.19-fixes?

yes, its an issue that arose between 0.18 and 0.19.

> How would channel changing work if I used firewire for HDTV, but still
> used a PVR 350's svid for SD input? Could I use the firewire for all channel
> change operations? Or would I still need my IR blaster?

you would have to use a seperate tuner for firewire recording and SD
through a PVR-150. You could still use firewire to tune the channel
for the PVR150 connected box using the command line channel changers
though.
I went with a non-hd box with a serial connection for the SD channels
though, works great through my PVR-150.

--
Steve