[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 22:03:53 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Dag Nygren wrote:
>
>>>  And with 250GB SATA drives going
>>> for less than $90 at times, all it takes is a few less cups of Starbucks
>>> for many people to afford ample additional space :)
>>>

>> It is not always that easy. My tiny Shuttle only has room for one
>> drive and I am already at 300G. Upgrading that starts being
>> a bit expensive....
>>

> Every choice has a tradeoff.  There's always USB or firewire external or
> even network attached storage.
>
> Kevin

You can dust off an old K6-2 500MHz and put it on a motherboard with
ATA-66 IDE, or better yet stick a raid card in there.  Drop four hard
drives each with 250GB for a TB of storage.  Put a GB enet card in.
Don't even need it really, 10/100 would be fine.  leave the machine
always on and mount those babies.
Man sometimes I wish I had a basement.  My k6-2 500 hasn't been used in
over a year now.
Raphael