[mythtv-users] Instant SegFault Mythbackend SVN 8626

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Mar 8 19:30:01 UTC 2006

Jason Werpy wrote:

> On 1/17/06, *R. G. Newbury* <newbury at mandamus.org
> <mailto:newbury at mandamus.org>> wrote:
>
>     Some detective help needed.

>     BUT
>     Mythbackend fails instantly without any error messages (even with
>     mythbackend -v all). I cannot find any other log file messages.
>
>     None, nada, zilch.... I did the compile cycle again but no joy.
>
>     I am at a complete loss to  understand what might be going wrong. I
>     looked at the make output while mythbackend was compiling, but, except
>     for the usual and longstanding warning about non-virtual destructors
>     from qt, there was nothing noticeable. Any other ideas on where to look?
>
>     HELP!  My mythtv has fallen and cannot get up!
>
>     Geoff

> I am seeing this same problem.  Did you ever get the issue resolved?

Yes. I never did find out what the problem was. I downloaded a new SVN
and recompiled etc.

I suggest that you do that. My mythbox is at home so I wrote a script to
download a new svn and update mythfilldatabase to /backup/usb and then I
copy that to a USB key to take home.

Geoff

--
        R. Geoffrey Newbury