[mythtv-users] freezes, Fedora, Myth(TV)ology, NVidia, glx

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Wed Mar 8 18:20:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 01:04:22PM -0500, White Joe wrote:

> [...]

I had simliar trouble. My solution was to remove the xorg.conf line
causing glx to load, and use the frontend setup to disable the various
OpenGL effects.

I think my inability to use Picture-in-Picture may be related to my
abandoning glx and OpenGL, but I can live with that for now. I haven't
tried playing a DVD, but Live TV, Watch Recordings, Image Viewer,
MythWeather, MythFlix, and MythMusic all work with glx disabled.

-Peter

FC 4, Athlon64 running i386, Jarod's instructions, FX5200 AGP card with
the DVI output and basic XvMC support in the frontend

Previously I had 0.18.1 running on a system with a Hauppauge PVR-350
S-video TV-out for the frontend app and X in general, and everything
including P-i-P worked pretty well.