[mythtv-users] Component Output on NVidia 6200 series

Ed O'Brien ed3120 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 18:15:22 UTC 2006

I'm about to purchase an HDTV, and recently found out
that it is difficult to get the DVI output on NVidia
cards to work properly with 1080i output.  My original
plan was to go from the DVI output of my card to the
HDMI input on my TV.

I've read a WIKI on the subject, and I know that a lot
of people are having success converting VGA to
component through use of the Audio Authority 9A60.

I have an MSI NX6200TC, which has Y, Pb, Pr outputs. I
was just wondering, has anyone gotten these to work
yet? or is it so difficult and time consuming that I'm
better off just buying the 9A60. If it is not a big
deal to get the NVidia components to work, I'd like to
use them, but if it is going to be a complete
nightmare, I'd rather just spend the $130.

Has anyone gotten the 6200 component output or DVI
output to send a 1080i signal?