[mythtv-users] translucent OSD?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Wed Mar 8 16:39:29 UTC 2006

Joe Votour wrote:
> I'd also like to add that you will only get the
> translucent EPG only if you are using the MPEG-2
> decoder of the PVR-350.  If you use the Xdriver (for
> Xv mode), then the normal EPG with the scaled down
> video is used.
>
> Personally, I found the translucent EPG a bother with
> the PVR-350 MPEG-2 decoder (I'd rather have the video
> scaled in the corner), but to each his/her own.

There were two issues here:
1.) I still had ChromaKeyOSD turned on, even though I was no longer
using XvMC.
2.) I don't use the 350 anymore for output.

It's good to know that the translucent EPG only shows up with the 350.
But I was
more concerned with translucency in the OSD, like the menu and the
info/volume/etc.

Thanks all!

--
Jesse Guardiani