[mythtv-users] only sound in mythtv if xawtv is running

Peter Bienstman Peter.Bienstman at ugent.be
Wed Mar 8 07:09:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a very strange problem. I followed the checks to see if audio should be
working fine i.e. mute line-in, fire up xawtv, indeed no sound is audible,
then do aplay /dev/dsp and sound appears, so I should be fine.

However, when I start mythfrontend, there is no sound, *except* when I also
have xawtv running in the background (which by itself doesn't produce any
sound, as line-in is still muted).

Any ideas?

I have 18.1, and a hda_intel soundcard, which otherwise seems to work fine..

Peter