[mythtv-users] Transcoding Nuv Files to Other Formats

Barry Jett bjett80 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:15:20 UTC 2006

Patrick,

I'm frequently transcoding nuv shows to xvid and msmpeg4v2 for both long
term storage
and to watch on my Palm TX (I've got a batch running right now ).

My weapon of choice is mencoder ... I just build a filelist of the shows I
want transcoded
and run a shell script in the background.

Ffmpeg is good ... but I ran into a few glitches and mencoder may be just a
tad faster...
but with a console program like mencoder I can set everything up remotely
through an
ssh session from work and let it run when I'm not using the computer.

Barry