[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Closed Captioning

Dan Wilga dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:30:55 UTC 2006

>Ugg. i knew that, too. Sorry for the noise. Although unimplemented,
>is there a way to store the VBI info in the MPEG stream that the OSD
>can display it or am I just dreaming of the best of both worlds? I
>think I remember reading something along those lines..

Yes, I got CC working on my box this weekend. You have to use ivtvctl
to set a few options:

   /usr/bin/ivtvctl -x 1 -b cc -w cc

at a minimum. Personally, I used this line in modprobe.conf to set
the options for both my 250 and my 350 whenever the ivtv module is
loaded:

install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
ivtv-fb; /usr/bin/ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -x 1 -b cc -w cc;
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -x 1 -b cc -w cc
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"