[mythtv-users] No sound on second Hauppauge 150

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 18:49:48 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 Mar 2006 17:43, William wrote:
> > So, to me, it must be mythtv that is causing the muting. But
> > it's not limited
> > to the Y key (It does cause the card to be remuted), If I
> > record from the
> > second tuner the sound is muted also...
> >
> > Any takers ???
>
> Not sure if this will help. In mythtv setup your default audio source for a
> pvr type card I think is /dev/dsp
>
> Try changing them to /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1 and see if that cures the
> problem.

Hi William,

Thanks for replying,

Hmm - No /dev/dsp0 or  /dev/dsp1 on my system, also it doesn't really explain
why I can record via the command line with sound on each of the tuners, but
not with mythtv. It doesn't just effect live TV, it effects recording off the
additional card.

The sound card isn't involved for recording as it recorded from the data
coming off the TV card itself, all mythtv does is tune the card and point the
data off the card to an appropriate file. It has to be some obscure setting
within mythtv that is setting the card to mute and only effecting mythtv's
recoding on that card. If it were to be the same on the command line, ie no
sound on one card, I would then suspect ivtv's modules, but as it is only
apparent within mythtv, I suspect a setting (probably mine or something left
over from having one card) in mythtv.

I suppose one question would be, is removing the card and channels when asked
by mythtv-setup, or is there more to do ????

Thanks for your support, any help appreciated.