[mythtv-users] FC4: Nova-T Backend, Via M10000 Frontend. BBC1 Jerky?

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:10:41 UTC 2006

> >Works like a dream!
> >
> >Thanks again Axel,
> >
> >Down to 20% CPU usage now!
> >

> Sorry for being slow but what fixed it?
> Did you need to get a different package?
>
> --

Axel noted that he had rebuilt his packages at the beginning of the weekend
IIRC, to include Via XVMC support. So I just did "yum upgrade" on my
Frontend's and Backend's and enabled Via XVMC as the MPEG2 decoder for my
M10000 Frontend in its settings. Then everything just worked. Haven't
watched a lot of BBC1 yet, but it seems fine now.

HTH

Steve

P.S. Axel, is there an RSS feed we can subscribe to check for updates to
atrpms? I'm being lazy here I know.. I'll go google...