[mythtv-users] Dvico Fusion 5 lite driver? How to install?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 7 05:19:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:03:27PM -0500, Steve Skarda wrote:
> On 3/4/06, David Roni <maestroni at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I didn't get very far in my vanilla kernel installation.   The howto link
> > sent was
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=84174
> > I get an error "mythtv is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be
> > reported."
> > when I try to run the first command " sudo apt-get install build-essential
> > bin86 kernel-package"
> >
> > I am trying to reply to the previous thread and hope I didn't start a new
> > one.  I am tring to install my Dvico Fsion 5 lite card on Fedora mythtv.
>
> I don't know Fedora and I am a newbie so it might not be appropriate for me
> to answer your question but I can point to a post that solves that problem
> on Ubuntu.  Start with number 1.
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-78180.html

The FusionHDTV 5 Lite works without installing anything extra, if you're using the latest FC4 kernel. The key is that you need to force the dvb-bt8xx driver to load *before* the bttv driver, or strange things happen. The easiest way to make that happen is to remove the "alias char-major-81 bttv" line from /etc/modprobe.conf and create a file called 'dvb.modules' in /etc/sysconfig/modules/', with the contents:

#!/bin/sh
/sbin/modprobe dvb-bt8xx

Make sure to make it executable. Works for me anyhow (my master backend now has one of these and an AirStar HD5000 in it).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com