[mythtv-users] alternatives to mythmusic?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 05:05:25 UTC 2006

perhaps, I am just being dense here, but I am having a hard time
getting this to work.  I know it is working somewhat because I can
stream, but cant use the jukebox mode (my reason for trying this).  I
have installed mpg123, but when I call it from the command line with a
mp3, it just looks like it is playing, but I hear nothing.  This is
opposed to calling mplayer from the command line and giving it an mp3,
it plays fine.  I tried changing mplayer to my player in the settings,
but that does not work either.

What exactly am I supposed to give permissions to the audio device and
program?  I have made it so anyone can execute mpg123, but given the
command line issue, i dont think this is my problem.  I am running FC4
with a SP/DIF output and ALSA if that helps.