[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 7 03:27:39 UTC 2006

On 03/06/2006 08:36 PM, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>> I'm still not convinced entirely of the problem.
> Well, like I said in my first response, sounds like in order to lose
> multiple programs to autoexpire rather than one, he'd need quite a
> backlog of unwatched programs that it would be tough to get caught up on
> anyway.  So it probably isn't likely to be a problem to most people.
> But losing 5 or 6 programs when you used to lose none, or at worst 1, is
> a significant difference in this guy's case.  So I can see his point of
> view.

But, "this guy" has since said he is not short of space (so he's not
losing any recordings), so it must have been a (poorly worded) hypothetical.

Original post with hypothetical:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188202#188202

Post where he says he's not short on space:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/188237#188237

So, there's no use arguing it because it's not causing a problem for anyone.

Grasping at straws, trying to find a case where the existing
implementation fails just because you don't like the current
implementation is not a good way to encourage change.

Mike