[mythtv-users] changing channel lineups

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 7 03:22:07 UTC 2006

Are there any kind of "best practices" for changing channel lineups
while having a bunch of stored recordings (e.g., moving, or otherwise
changing television service)?

The problem is that when you re-setup all the channels, etc., certain
chanids might get re-used, so that a given chanid in one place is
either non-existent or something else in another place, which would
then cause the recordings info to be incorrect.

The only thing I can think of is to kind of "move" all the old
recordings into a separate range of chanids that won't conflict with
the new chanids, save that off, re-scan for channels, and then merge
the saved-off information back in. Eventually when the recordings get
deleted, I can delete the old channel information.

Any other ideas?

--Rob