[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 6 22:23:46 UTC 2006

On 03/06/2006 04:07 PM, Danesh wrote:
> Just curious. What happens if there is no guide data? Recently I have
> been getting a few channels with 'No Data'. Is there a default segment
> size?

Myth breaks up recordings into 30-minute segments if there is no guide
data.  If there is no guide data now, but guide data resumes within a
half hour, the break will occur when the next program begins.

The *only* way to get extra long recordings is if your listings show an
extra long recording.  And, if it's a problem (it's causing your
programs to autoexpire), you can always exit and re-enter LiveTV as I
explained above...

Mike