[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 6 22:14:15 UTC 2006

On 03/06/2006 02:08 PM, Dag Nygren wrote:
> There is a problem here, but it is smaller than I thought from the beginning.
> I also ran into it during the Olympics, from where we had very long unbroken
> transmissions, 4-5 hours.
> At that time I also ran out of disk space because the autoexpire will not
> expire an ongoing program.
> At this point Myth will crash miserably and give you a black screen.

However, Myth /will/ autoexpire other programs that are marked to allow
autoexpiring even when a recording is in progress.  So, unless you mark
all your recordings to never autoexpire or have an unreasonably small
recording filesystem, you will /never/ run out of disk space--Myth will
autoexpire LiveTV (first) then recordings as necessary to make room for
new recordings.

Mike