[mythtv-users] DVD Rip ISO

Joel Ostheller j.ostheller at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 21:31:50 UTC 2006

Yes... The "perfect" setting just rips the main movie and stores it in .mpg
which is pretty cool because of the myth script that looks up the movie info
in IMDB and then defaults pictures and info and such. This feature works
excellent when you want to rent a movie and you don't have time to watch it
now, so you rip, return, and watch at a later date. When I rip a perfect
version, the DVD tray is not locked... Basically the "perfect" option works
great for having a small digital library of some movies, that you aren't
planning on stealing because what good does having an 8 gig mpg file do for
you?

There are some of my movies though that I would like to back up with the ISO
feature. For example... all my Disney movies because my kids get so excited
about putting the DVD in the player and a DVD is only going to last so long
being handled by a 4 year old.  Sure I could just copy with a windows box
and such, but Myth has the feature so I would like to take advantage of it.
When I use this ISO rip feature, it 1. locks my DVD drive door, and 2. ISO's
don't produce working DVD's using the burning software KB3. I suspect the
problem is with Myth as opposed to KB3.

On 3/6/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> [...]

  I have sworn upon the altar of God,
eternal hostility against every form of
tyranny over the mind of man. -Jefferson