[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 6 17:02:13 UTC 2006

> >> you can rid yourself of this concern and just let the
> system do it's
> >> job.
> > As long as you actually have that amount of disk space available.
>
> Again, there is a setting to always keep x MB free space on your
> drive. Use it.

You people are missing the point. Since my system is a mature system the
hard drive is always full of recordings so anytime someone watches live tv I
lose a recording I wanted to keep. Its not a matter of how much free space
is on the drive. My son often puts on the music channel for 10-12 hours/day
this routinely deletes 5-8 recordings each time. The file is 20+gigs. I want
the system to never save live tv which should be an option.