[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging in Australia

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 06:40:16 UTC 2006

> Anyone else want to share their experience with commercial flagging in
> Australia?

I haven't upgraded yet (bit of a laggard in that regard) but hope to
soon. My experience on 0.18.1 with detection type of "All" was that it
was quite hit and miss. I wouldn't even consider setting auto-skip on
- for me it just ended up as quite a handy way of sometimes skipping
to the end of the ads with one button press if the commercials had
been flagged at around 2-3 minutes. Otherwise it's just a matter of
pressing forward skip a few times.

When I do upgrade I'll try to remember to repost here. From your post,
do I take it that you're not using "All" detection method - you're
just using a logo detection setting?

Regards,
Phill