[mythtv-users] FC4: Nova-T Backend, Via M10000 Frontend. BBC1 Jerky?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Mar 6 03:13:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 07:11:11PM -0000, Toby Smith wrote:
> > [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Steve Daniels
> > > bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of M
> > > Actually could you report back on your CPU usage on the frontend.
> > > Check whats using it with top.
> >
> > I completely forgot to include the version. I am running .19
> > from atrpms.
> >
> > CPU Usage is pretty much 99% Yowzer.
> >
> > Open chrome installed from
> > http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/, set to use driver "via"
> > in xorg.conf.
> >
> > Couldn't find any settings in the menus to enable or disable
> > the MPEG2 decoding so assumed it did it automagically now..
>
> If you're using the atrpms version, then xvmc support of the Via Unichromes
> isn't included, as it's specific to one piece of hardware (atrpsm used to
> have a mythtv-via set, or something like that. Some discussion of it's
> demise is somewhere on the atrpms site, but I can't remember where).

No, that's not true. ATrpms has via support since a couple of ages,
at least in the distributions supporting it, which includes FC2-FC5
and RHEL4.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net