[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 02:56:53 UTC 2006

--- Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Joe Votour wrote:
>

> > Yes, Bob horribly messes up the OSD.
<snip>

> Well as I said, things look great to me without any
> de-interlace. I'm
> feeding a 32" HD LCD panel that is supposed to be
> able to correct
> such things by itself, and it appears that it does
> (motion
> compensation and some proprietary stuff). I haven't
> tried the HDMI
> input yet, it has a direct satellite receiver feed
> connected to it,
> leaving the VGA for my Myth box.
>
> I understand that the newer (6xxx and up) cards
> don't do chroma-key,
> at least not in the same way or as well. The general
> opinion seems to
> be that the 5xxx nVidia series are about the best
> cards for Video,
> the later models being optimized for gaming.
>
> Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately for me, I need to Bob deinterlace -
ESPN/ESPN2 have fast scrolling tickers, and if I use
anything but Bob, they are very jerky (and hard on the
eyes).

Now, if you use XvMC, you might not have to
deinterlace, I haven't really played around with that
because I've had nothing but problems with XvMC on
nVidia cards (though it seemed to work on my Epia back
in the MythTV 0.17(?) days).

Now that I'm looking to go HDTV, I may need to use
XvMC in MythTV, since just playing some HD clips that
I got from work caused terrible jerkiness on my
Athlon64 3200+ (in 32-bit mode) with bob deinterlacing
(no XvMC).

-- Joe