[mythtv-users] MythDVD questions

Stefan Haflidason styrmis at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 5 23:06:15 UTC 2006

On 3/5/06, Piers Kittel <mythtv at biased.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just have 2 questions with MythDVD.  Am using MythTV 0.19 stable with
> Debian Sarge.
>
> 1) I note in DVD Settings that there's an option of what to do when I
> insert a DVD - I set it to "Display MythDVD menu" - I've enabled
> automounter so I just insert the DVD, and go to the menu and play a DVD
> OK.  But MythTV seems unable to be able to figure out when the DVD is
> inserted - how do I enable this?
>
> 2) And... how do I eject a DVD once I've finished with the DVD in
> MythTV?  Yes I know I could switch to a shell and type "eject /dev/hda"
> but this is a computer used for the frontend *only* and nothing else -
> so I rather expect to be able to eject a DVD via MythTV itself...?
>
> Thanks very much for your help in advance!
>
> Cheers - Piers

1) There is an option in the mythfrontend setup area to enable monitoring of
hardware (it's above an Xbox hardware option). Is that enabled? I think it's
in General.

2) Which player are you using to play the DVD? I am using Xine at the
moment, and have one of the coloured keys on the remote bound to Xine's
eject feature, which works well.

Stefan.