[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA XvMC problems upgrading from 0.18 to 0.19

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Sun Mar 5 22:29:04 UTC 2006

Steve Daniels wrote:

> [...]
The good news is that the option to enable VIA XvMC is still there, it
has just moved - try :

Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback -> 'Preferred MPEG2
Decoder' -> VIA XvMC

The bad news is that, at least for me, enabling it now results in
corrupted video when viewing both livetv and recordings that play fine
without it. The screen tends to divide itself into several rectangles
horizontally and these are filled with green and pink garbage. Amount of
corruption varies on each play ...

I remember seeing something like this early on with XvMC travels but it
all got fixed and I had been using exactly the same setup with 0.18
(i.e. the only variable is the MythTV version) for many months with no
issues....

I am interested to learn if other are seeing the same problems.

My setup is FC3:

xorg-x11-6.8.99-902.0.FC3.ucr.2
kernel-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
kernel-module-via-drm-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3-2.7.2-1.ucr
mythtv-0.19-123.rhfc3.at

I think ! - I am copying the text off the screen of my tv and it's hard
to read...

I'll try upgrading some of the other bits and bobs this evening to see
if that makes any difference....

regards,

Jules

P.S.