[mythtv-users] Transcoding and aspect ratio (DVB-T)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 5 22:26:00 UTC 2006

> Okay, so I found the following code in nuvinfo:
>
>              # Make some corrections for myth bugs
> 156             $info{'audio_sample_rate'} = 44100 if
> ($info{'audio_sample_rate'} == 42501 || $info{'audio_sample_rate'} =~
> /^44\d\d\d$/);
> 157             $info{'aspect'} = '4:3';

Sounds like an old nuvinfo, where id you get it from?

> Unfortunately they still play as 4:3 in VLC/MPC, so I must assume that
> the error is in the detection with the player.

I believe so.

> On a side note, it appears nuvinfo uses 'mplayer -identify' to get the
> aspect ratio for mpg files (or nuvs which are really mpeg).
> When I do mplayer -identify on a transcoded nuv file, it reports
> 'ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000'

Definitely sounds like an old version of nuvinfo.  The version I have
reads directly from the .nuv file and unpacks the header data itself.

Also, there is an updated patch for mplayer that properly detects the
aspect ratio in a Myth .nuv file, where did you get your mplayer from and
did you patch it yourself or is it able to play Myth's .nuv files
"out of the box"?

--
Chris