[mythtv-users] Myth 0.19 Can record in live TV but not from Guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 5 21:43:50 UTC 2006

On 03/05/2006 02:43 PM, Deon wrote:

>On Sunday 05 March 2006 21:03, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>

>>On 03/05/2006 12:25 PM, Deon wrote:
>>

>>>I cannot record anything from the program guide. If I schedule a
>>>recording, it just says recording, but no file gets created.
>>>If I go to watch the recording, it is shown in the database, but as soon
>>>as I select it, I get the following error.
>>>The file for this recording can not be found.
>>>The weird thing is, that I can watch Live TV, pause and press record.
>>>If I press record in Live TV and go to Watch, I can view the recording
>>>fine as it is happening.
>>>
>>Backend logs?  Capture card?
>>

>Card Hauppauge PVR 350

>2006-03-05 19:15:09.507 Channel::GetCurrentChannelNum(): Failed to find
>Channel ''
>2006-03-05 19:15:09.508 Channel(/dev/video0)::TuneTo(): Error, failed to find
>channel.
>2006-03-05 19:15:09.510 TVRec(1) Error: Failed to set channel to 3. Reverting
>to kState_None

You have a starting channel of 3 defined for the input, but that's not
one of your channels.  Check:

Preset tuner to channel
Leave this blank unless you have an external tuner that is connected to
the tuner input of your card. If so, you will need to specify the preset
channel for the signal (normally 3 or 4).

which should be blank unless you have your dish receiver outputting an
RF modulated signal ("coax") to the tuner input of your PVR-350--which
you shouldn't be doing.  Instead, hook the receiver to the S-Video or
Composite input of the PVR-350.

And, check the starting channel.  Both are in mythtv-setup.

Note that even though you're not using Myth to change channels, Myth
requires you to define a valid channel.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/44731#44731 for a
good explanation of how (but instead of selecting "tv_grab_na", choose
anything--the MySQL stuff will fix it up for you).  If you're using SVN,
select "No grabber" and don't worry about the MySQL stuff ("No grabber"
takes care of it for you).

Mike