[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.19 crashing left and right on Debian unstable

Kenneth Falck kennu at iki.fi
Sun Mar 5 17:37:02 UTC 2006

I just upgraded to MythTV 0.19, and it crashes a lot. 0.18.1 used to
work perfectly. It seems that every time a recording starts, or even
sometimes when playback ends, mythbackend throws a SIGSEGV. Using gdb, I
can see that this happens in different places in the source (SIParser,
Scheduler, ...), but the backtrace always seems to lead to a class
beginning with 'Q' (i.e. the Qt library, usually QMap).

First I tried this with the marillat binary packages and upgraded Debian
to the latest in unstable (kernel 2.6.15). Then I tried to compile
MythTV release-0-19-fixes myself, both release and debug, and I'm
getting basically the same crashes constantly.

Any advice? Is it a Debian problem?

--
Kenneth Falck <kennu at iki.fi> +358405103121 http://www.kfalck.net
  "Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for."