[mythtv-users] DVB-T tzap versus mythtv 0.19

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Sun Mar 5 10:48:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 10:18:16AM +0000, Mike Parkins wrote:
> You are not alone - My 0.19 system takes about 10 to 12 seconds to change
> channels. I asked about this once but the only reply I had was from some
> bright spark who suggested I should only be watching recorded programs... :(

I had a similar experience with my twin Nova-t backend.  I upgraded
from a perfectly working mythtv 0.15.  Recordings work just fine on
0.19 as does tzap.

However entering LiveTV just sits there with a blank screen for 40
seconds then returns to the menu.  The frontend and backend seem to
miscommunicate about which file the livetv is actually being saved to
- perhaps because of the very long initial tuning times?

Here are the frontend and backend logs for the period.

  http://www.craig-wood.com/nick/pub/livetvprob
  http://www.craig-wood.com/nick/pub/livetvprob-fe

To be honest I'm not that bothered about LiveTV.  It would be nice to
have it working again because it used to work quite well, but I don't
really need it - watching TV in real time is so 20th century ;-)