[mythtv-users] DVB, 540P Slow Motion?

Matthew Moore myth-mail at matt-sam.com
Sat Mar 4 06:14:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:31:20 +1100, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > Using 0.18.1 and the 1.6 V4L driver, this 720p station would
>> > come in fluid motion, but only if I started on the 720p channel
>> > (i.e. if I started livetv on 1080i and switched to 720p, it would be
>> > slow framerate).  Now in 0.19 and the DVB drivers, the 720p station
>> > will only display with the slow framerate.  The problem you mention
>> > sounds exactly like what I am seeing.... audio is in sync, but video
>> > is displaying something like 10fps.

I get exactly the behaviour you describe above in 0.19.  If I start my
viewing on the progressive scan channel, all is well.  If I switch to an
interlaced (either 576i or 1080i) then switch back, I get this slow motion
experience.

> turn off your deinterlacing.
>
> --
> Steve

I tried this without success; thanks for the suggestion though.  Does
anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt.