[mythtv-users] RF Blaster for Dish Network ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 3 23:51:33 UTC 2006

I am trying to get my DishNetwork receiver integrated into my system.
It is a HD unit that is "dual channel", with the second channel being
SD only. It is the second channel that I want to connect to MythTV.

I have the second channel output going into a PVR-150MCE and it's
working OK except for channel changes. The problem is that the second
channel uses an RF remote to control the receiver (the first channel
uses an IR remote). I guess the intention was for the second TV to be
in  another room, hence the RF connection.

The only answers I can see are to get another DishNet receiver, use
the first channel on the receiver I have (hate to do that as I'd be
wasting the HD capability) or change channels manually.

Anybody have any other ideas ???

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org