[mythtv-users] Channel guide Off

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 23:02:22 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 03:33 PM, Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> On 3/3/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>>>  can you give me some more details about where to find this XML file,
>>>  and exacly what changes you made.
>>>
>> The other suggestion--to fix your system's time zone according to your
>> distribution's documentation--is a better one (is a fix, rather than a
>> workaround).
>>
> The time zone on my system was the first thing that i checked.  It is
> correct, but the channel listing is still off.  That was why i was asking if
> anyone else has run into this problem.

If you search the lists, you'll find a lot of posts that say exactly
that and later admit that although it *seemed* the timezone was set
correctly, it wasn't.  (Just because you see the local time on xclock or
date doesn't mean it's configured properly.)  As a matter of fact,
you'll probably have better luck finding what you need if searching the
lists for posts that say the timezone is set properly rather than for
posts that say it's not...

Unfortunately, though, properly configuring the timezone is
distribution-specific, so I can't help you figure out what needs to be done.

Mike