[mythtv-users] MythTV not passing channel data

Simon Young simon-mythtv at ecosm.com
Fri Mar 3 13:39:42 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time list reader, but first time poster (be gentle.) I've
been using MythTV in a very ad hoc fashion over the last year or two but
am finally trying to put it all together.

I'm running Myth 0.19 on Debian unstable with a 2.6.8 kernel. I have a
digital set-top box that feeds the video straight into the Composite2
input of the saa7134 card. The setup is working perfectly well with an
IRBlaster that successfully changes channels on the set-top box when the
change channel script is called through the shell. However I've
discovered that Myth isn't passing the channel variable through to the
script as in my mythbackend.log file I see:

irsend: not enough arguments

The script I'm using (/usr/local/bin/cc.sh) is:

#!/bin/sh

REMOTE_NAME=Pace_RC-30
cmd="$1"

case $cmd in
     [0-9]*)
     for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
         irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
         sleep 1
     done
     ;;

     *)
         irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $cmd
         ;;
esac

I've debugged the script and can confirm that Myth is passing no channel
number information (or anything else) to the script, which is consistent
with the resulting error message in the log. Again, the above script
works perfectly when called with a channel number (e.g. 20) from a
terminal window:

# ./cc.sh 20

Has anyone had a similar problem? I've double-checked that the Input
Connections settings within mythtv-setup are calling the right script.

Any suggestions on why Myth may not be passing the channel number to the
channel change script? This happens in both LiveTV mode or when a
recording is scheduled.

Cheers,
Simon