[mythtv-users] Scheduled Recordings Vanished

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Fri Mar 3 01:45:11 UTC 2006

My Scheduled Records list mysteriously vanished earlier today. It
restored itself after I manually ran mythfilldatabase (I am using
Zap2It). I suspect that there was a glitch w/ Zap2It that wound up
blowing away the lineup information in the local MythTV database on
the update this morning. Some shows I wanted to record didn't get
recorded. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Is it feasible for MythTV to just ``blindly'' record things that were
previously scheduled if the user desires? All MythTV really needs to
keep track of is (1) a channel number, (2) a start time, and (3) an
end time. That way, when I had the momentary database glitch from
Zap2It, I still would have gotten my shows, and I could have fixed up
the labels after the fact.

Also (a bit off-topic), I gradually get new channels in my channel
list that I simply don't care about. This is probably Zap2It
automatically adding them to my lineup as the channels offered by my
broadcast provider change. I can't find a way to ask Zap2It to stop
automatically adding the channels to my lineup whenever there's a
change.

Thanks,
Mike
Where did you want to go yesterday?