[mythtv-users] DVB: EIT Guide Data on 0.19

Mark Smith mark at chez-moi.org.uk
Thu Mar 2 20:52:03 UTC 2006

In message <1588eafe4d.mark at frodo.chez-moi.org.uk>
          Mark Smith <mark at chez-moi.org.uk> wrote:

> > Is there anywhere I can check that the active scanning has been enabled.
> > I'm not convinced that it's actually enabled, though I didn't see any
> > obvious options in the setup.

The answer, in case anyone is interested, is that you apparently have to set
the appropriate guide data source in MythTVSetup as EIT data. If you don't,
and just have the individual channels set to use the off-air guide data then
you'll only get guide updates whilst watching live TV or recording.

If you're doing a lot of recordings, this may not be immediately obvious, but
you're likely to lose out on any late schedule changes and there's an
increased risk of missing recordings all-together.

I'm not convinced this option existed when I originally set up my box (0.17),
so it does make me wonder how many others are running with the same problem.

--
Mark Smith - Surrey, UK
http://www.chez-moi.org.uk/