[mythtv-users] ivtv0: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping data.

GregP 203 gregp.203 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:05:56 UTC 2006

I got this error once when I first setup the IVTV drivers and mythtv
wasn't even installed. I wanted to see if I could veiw /dev/video0
from WINscp an ssh client on another machine. it didn't work but I got
a series of "ivtv0: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping
data. ivtv0: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough." erros
on the console of the machine with the IVTV drivers. someone correct
me if I am wrong, but I figured that sshd could not keep up with the
amount of data produced from /dev/video0