[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase doesn't run automatically any

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 1 23:24:51 UTC 2006

> > They need to work on their algorithm a tad though.  Every few days it
> > suggests a second download on the same day.  Kinda defeats the purpose.

> It's quite possible their algorithm is fine, but Myth is adjusting the
> suggested time base on your preferences.  If the suggested download time
> is greater than your configured number of days between mfdb runs, Myth

No, Zap2it occasionally suggests a second download on the same day.  They
are aware of this and should fix it at some point.  In order to try to honor
their next suggested download time as much as possible, we go ahead and let
them tell us to download twice in the same day.

If on the other hand, they tell us to skip a day and we have configured
mfdb to run every day, then the code adjusts the date on the next suggested
download time and only uses the time portion.  So if today is Wednesday at
1:00AM and they say download next on Friday at 3:00AM, the next suggested
time is adjusted to Thursday at 3:00AM since we want to download at least
once per day.

--
Chris