[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 1 20:13:14 UTC 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 1:04 PM, Joe Silver wrote:

> I never thought much about latency until today when I found this
> page on the wiki:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_Latency
>
> I found my IDE controller latency was set to zero, so I reset it to
> 32 (20hex).  I'm not at home to try playback right now, but I was
> wondering what others who are having this problem find for their
> IDE/SATA controller latency.  Maybe this could fix us up?!?!  I'll
> report back later tonight what I find out.

So far, with a very limited number of samples, the people who have
found their disk controllers set to zero have either been unable to
reset the latency value, or have not seen any positive results from
doing so.

Only the machines which have drive controller latency set to 32 or 64
initially have had much luck in adjusting them.

Again, this is from a *very* limited number of samples (6 to be
exact) so please report your results, positive or negative, as well
as the chipset your mobo is using (perhaps on the WiKi page ??)

Thanks.