[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase doesn't run automatically any more

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 1 19:58:01 UTC 2006

On 03/01/2006 02:01 PM, James Armstrong wrote:
> I had a problem after updating to .19. It seemed mythfilldatabase was
> not running. I was able to get it running eventually. I think the
> problem was I had the 'use suggested time' enabled, but since
> mythfilldatabase had never run it did not have the suggested time. Once
> I ran it once manually it started to work. I am just guessing here.

Sounds like the OP's changing the mythfilldatabase (mfdb) min/max hours
in the DB while having "Run mythfilldatabase at time suggested by the
grabber" enabled may have caused it to seem to stop running (these
changes just adding further qualifications for when it should run).

Running mfdb manually is probably a good way to put things back in
order.  Just remember not to change the mfdb min/max hours or suggested
run time in the database if using the suggested time (they all get
updated by mfdb to the appropriate values).

Also, verify that your run period is set to 1 day (or whatever you
want), but note that setting that to 3 or 4 days could also make mfdb
look like it's not running.

And, using MythTV to run mfdb for you is preferred as it has features to
make sure it doesn't run at the same time every day (unlike a cron job)
to help ease the load on the servers.  This is especially important for
DataDirect, which suggests the appropriate time to run again.

Mike