[mythtv-users] OTA HDTV and QAM on same card

Ryan ryan.blanks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 16:59:10 UTC 2006

I've finally purchased an HDTV and am now looking at adding a HD tuner card
to my current Myth box.  I have standard Time Warner cable in Kansas City
and I'm able to pick up several QAM HD channels through the cable line, like
Discover HD Theater, TNT HD, and Universal HD.  I am also able to get most
of my local networks in HD, but not all of them.  For some reason, the WB
was coming in fine until the other day it started saying unauthorized.  I
was very pleased to be getting these channels at no additional cost, since
I'm only paying for standard analog cable.  If I hook-up an OTA antenna, I
can get all of the local networks in HD, but obviously not the extra ones
I'm getting from QAM like TNT and such.  So, my question is, I want to be
able to record both OTA HD and QAM HD.  Will I need to have 2 separate tuner
cards to do this or have to keep switching the input on the back of the
card?  Or is there a card that has an input for QAM and an input for an
Antenna?

Also, I'm looking for recommendation on the best supported HD card for
mythtv.

Thanks,

Ryan