[mythtv-users] .18.1 and sound

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Wed Mar 1 16:18:08 UTC 2006

Le lundi 27 février 2006 à 23:24 -0500, Michael T. Dean a écrit :
> On 02/27/2006 09:43 PM, Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:

> >> Make sure you don't check the setting:
> >>
> >> TV audio through PVR-350 only
> >> Normally, PVR-350 audio is looped into a sound card; here you can
> >> indicate when that is not the case. MythTV cannot control TV volume when
> >> this option is checked.
> > That option is already uncheck.
> >

> Does it work from the keyboard (using F10/F11)?  If so, you need to fix
> your ~/mythtv/lircrc and/or /etc/lircd.conf.

I get the same result with F10-F11 and the remote. I can see a scroll
bar at the bottom screen but no sound exept a repeated beep. playing
with the remote will increase or lower it. the only way to get something
via the speaker is to plug the sound output of th pvr350 into the input
of the sound card.

I've put ALSA:default in the myth general config and default as the
mixer and PCM as the mixer control.

Now I get a repeated beep of variable tone when I watch TV or listen
music.

could be my .asoundrc which is bad ??? but I don't have enough info to
see what could be wrong
--
-----
Claude Gélinas agr., dta