[mythtv-users] Black And white Picture After Starting Mythfrontend

Brian Sutcliff brian.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 12:39:02 UTC 2006

I have just installed  Mythtv.019.

I am using Fedora Core 4,  a pvr-150 card, and a Chaintec FX5200 using
SVideo out.

My problem is that as soon as I start the mythfrontend It turns the output
to black and white. If I do a /sbin/rmmod ivtv and /sbin/modprobe ivtv I can
create a color mpg by doing cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg. I can make color all
day long until I start the mythfrontend.

I have the card in mythfrontend set to pvr-*50.

The backend and frontend are on the same machine.

I assume that this must be a setting in mythfrontend.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian