[mythtv-users] Installation of the backend without X

Graham Wood mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Wed Mar 1 12:20:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, March 1, 2006 12:11, Kai Kuehne wrote:
> Thanks.. this is goold. :-)
> Sorry, but I have another question... do you remember whether
> the setup-process (mythtv-setup) needs an X server up and running?
> If its really needed I think I have to forward X on my client machine.
That is necessary - a lot of the mythtv-setup steps are in the GUI - about
the only thing that isn't is the xmltv channel setup....  And that's
dependant on the location anyway :)

However, the setup progam will happily display directly to another
machine, so just display it to your frontend - since you need to get the
backend configured before you can setup the frontend properly :)