[mythtv-users] smart update and upgrade causes tv to be static

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 05:42:48 UTC 2006

I upgraded my ivtv, and I think I have things working.  I think my
previous problem was that I was trying to use ptune.pl and really, I
should have used ivtv-tune to set my channel.

Each time I restart now it screws up the channel ivtv is on though,
and while I modified myth-load.sh (a script ratpoison executes on
startup) to include /usr/bin/ivtv-tune -c 3, I think this is a little
bit of a kludgy hack.  Nevertheless, unless someone can tell me the
proper way for the channel to be set to 3 each time ivtv is loaded, I
will have to continue using this script.